March 2, 2012

Packing...

It's taken us 7 years to plan this trip, but tonight I will meet my friends April and Jessica in Las Vegas!  This will be my first night without Rachel since she was born.  Three nights, in fact.  It will also therefore be Jason's first nights with her on his own.

Packing:
- went grocery shopping, did laundry, cleaned the bathrooms, mopped and vacuumed floors
- made lasagne for Jason and Rachel for the weekend
- made lots of extra food for Rachel for the weekend so Jason shouldn't have to
- making dinner for us for tonight to eat before I go
- have a list for Jason for what Rachel needs to take to daycare Monday morning, and have arranged it so her can drop her off earlier than normal and still (hopefully) make it to school on time
- checked hotel, flight, and airport bus and shuttle info
- dug out some old 'fancy' clothes for going out after dark, which is not something I'm sure I know how to do anymore!!!
- not packing any work out clothes, any baby gear, any kids books, any toys, any snacks for Rachel
- sipping a cup of 'Tahitian Vanilla Hazlenut' Tea
- going to walk to library before picking up Rachel and get a few books for myself because I might be able to just sit and enjoy reading on the plane!!! Wow.

Turns out my aunt Jocelyn and uncle Derek are also going to be in Vegas this weekend, so I hope to be able to meet them for a drink and catch up as well.

I'm READY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment