January 14, 2015

Goals update and exciting plans for 2015

In July 2013, I published 'Goals for a Fun Life', which has served as a bit of a Bucket List for us.  Jason and I each wrote a list and then came together to see what things were common.  We planned to make the common things priorities in our planning.

I feel like I'm doing pretty well on my list...

LIST ITEMS COMPLETED OR IN PROGRESS:

- Complete the Pikes Peak Ascent Half Marathon (done August 2014)

- Complete all sections of the Colorado Trail, whether on bike or running or hiking, in as many different adventures as it takes to do the whole thing (working on this, bit by bit)

- Complete a half ironman (done June 2014)

- Summit at least 14 of Colorado's mountains >14,000ft (I've done 9 so far)

- See the Matterhorn (done July 2014)

- Complete 20 good quality 'real' pushups, which I haven't been able to do since before I was pregnant with Rachel.  (done Fall 2014).

- Play ice hockey on a team for 1 season: Starting this week, I've signed up for Fri night ice hockey.  There is 45 minutes of instruction followed by 30 min of no-contact scrimmage for beginner men and women.  I got all my gear and I'm ridiculously excited to see how it goes.

- Own a second property.  Preferably a log cabin in the woods near skiing and mountains to go on the weekends:  We get possession of our 2 bedroom condo in Breckenridge on Friday this week.  We are thrilled and feel so lucky and so thankful to be able to do this.  We are in the throws of figuring out the rental process and details and so far have 3 paid bookings to rent for a total of 12 nights.  

- Donate blood (done January 2015)




STILL TO DO
(If you are a Pinterest person, click HERE for photos of each of these)

- The rest of the CO trail

- At least 5 more of Colorado's 14ers
- Ride a tram in San Francisco.  (Really, I want to explore SF properly because I've been to the area but never really seen it.  If I were to ride a tram, I'd be doing a really touristy thing in SF and probably have time to explore the city properly.)
- Go skinny dipping under a full moon.
- See Chamonix.  Preferably hike or ski there.
- Complete a half marathon in less than 2 hours.
- Watch a Shakespeare play performance in England, making it as authentic as possible
- Do a hut-to-hut ski traverse
- Hike in Patagonia
- Go to Petra, Jordan
- Summit Mt. Kilimanjaro
- See a giraffe and an elephant in the wild
- Attend a formal tea ceremony in Japan
- Multiday tramping trip on New Zealand's South Island
- See Igazu Falls (Brazil/Argentina)
- See Angel Falls, Venezuela
- Go to all 50 states
- Go to all provinces (by this I actually mean just the provinces)
- Do an adventure race that includes an overnight section, likely a 24 hour race or longer.
- Swim from point A to point B with total distance>1500m (I might modify this to 1100m)
- Compete in a biathlon competition
- Hike a part of the Appalachian trail
- Go to Rome
- Submerge at large part of my body in chocolate
- Downhill ski at 10 or more new ski resorts I've never skied at before
- Camp overnight at Tetons
- See half dome in Yosemite
- Hike in Olympic Mountains, WA
- Spend the night sleeping in sleeping bag outside with no shelter and star gaze
- Teach an anatomy course or similar course (I'm sort of working on this).
- Ride my bike in Prince Edward Island.
- Knit a blanket (I have one started)
- Hike in Bhutan's sacred valley
- Play lacrosse on a team
- See pyramids
- Use a camel as a real form of transport from one place to another
- Do a self supported cycling trip including camping for at least one night with our family

Who wants to join us in any of these things?

In 2015, our big events will be:
Jan - get possession of our condo
Jan - Meggan starts ice hockey
Feb 14 - Jason to volunteer for race in Utah
Mar 28 - Jason to race 50 miler in Moab, UT
April? - hope to go visit Aunt Karen in North Carolina
May 23 - Jason to race Jemez Mtn in NM
June 19 - Jason to pace friend in Wyoming
June 28 - Jason to present at ISTE conference in Philadelphia
July 10,11,12 - Jason to race the HardRock 100 miler in Silverton, CO
Aug 15 - Meggan's cousin gets married so visit to Canada
Sept 12 - Meggan hopes to race her first xterra triathlon


Accepting visitors to our home, trips to our condo, help with the girls, help with Jason's races, ideas for adventures, and invitations to come visit you in your home town.

All the best for a great 2015!




3 comments:

  1. I thought I already commented, but no joy... put me down for Kibo! But you will have to wait for me :). Near term... like 2016?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will also participate in the chocolate dipping... :)

    ReplyDelete