December 17, 2012

Another little Oliver coming

As most of you already know, we are expecting a baby!  Yay!  We are very excited and will be celebrating more this week as we hit the 12 week mark.

We had a successful 10 week ultrasound and saw a healthy moving little baby with good heart rate and size.  We also told Rachel and she keeps voting differently for either a baby brother or sister.

Here is a typical conversation for me these days:

Me: I am pregnant.
Person: congrats! That is exciting! How far along are you?
Me: 11 weeks.
Person: oh, ok.  So when is the baby due?
Me: 4th of July
Person: really? Funny.  That is my cousins birthday (or someone they know who has that birthday).
Me:right

Person: so can you tell the sex yet?
Me: no.  But we are not going to find out.
Person: wow! Really? Cool.  What a nice surprise.  There are not many surprises left in life.  But don't you want to know?
Me: I am tempted, but I would rather wait.

Person: so how have you been feeling?
Me: pretty good.  Very tired but recently getting a little more energy again.  A little nauseated with less appetite for real food, but I am lucky because I have not vomited at all.
Person: were you sick with your first?
Me: not really.  A little bit.

Person: well that's great.  Are you going to be. Able to work right up until the end?
Me: yes I plan to.
Person: and will you get time off?
Me: I will take 3 months unpaid maternity.
Person: and then come back to work?
Me: We are still discussing our options for daycare costs and how many hours I will be able to work after the second child arrives.

I see an average of 15 patients a day, and I seriously have this exact conversation 3-4 times per day.

Anyway, we will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment