June 6, 2013

36 weeks

Waiting... we've been doing a lot of that around here lately.  Waiting to see what might happen with Jason's job.  Waiting for Meggan's company to hire a covering therapist that she can train before she goes off.  Waiting for the baby (but we're ok if it stays in there longer).  Waiting for my OCS results from my big PT exam in March.  Excitedly waiting for Nana to arrive June 25.  Waiting for Meggan's last day of work on June 28.

Some things are starting to happen.

Meggan cut all her hair off and donated the extra 9+ inches to Locks for Love, a company that takes donated hair and makes wigs for patients with cancer.  Pictures will have to come soon.

Since we haven't been sure about Jason's job scenario, we pulled Rachel out of care and Jason has been a full time Daddy this week.  Rachel has joined the Dolphins swim classes Mon-Thurs mornings for the month of June from 8:00-8:30am.  Rachel goes in the water with the teacher and Jason sits on a bench and watches in his normal clothing.  This is Rachel's first independent activity where parent does not join in with her.  Fridays she will resume gymnastics classes, where Jason will also watch and Rachel will participate independently.

However, Jason's job scenario is looking significantly more promising, and we anticipate that he will be returning to Centaurus in the fall after all.  Hopefully, he might even be able to do some cross country team coaching.  So we have Rachel going in for some 'drop in' days this month so Jason can go back to school and do some planning for the fall.

We had a 36 week baby appointment today.  Rachel actually came and listened to the heart beat and watched the exam as well.  The baby is due in exactly 4 weeks, but in the doctor's words "I don't think you are going to make it to your due date!".  My recent suspicions that 'things are starting to happen' seem to be true.  2 cm dilated, 70% effaced, cervix in the front and soft - for those of you who understand that language.  For those who do not, it means that things are starting to happen slowly.  It's not likely that I'll go into labor in the next few days, but it is quite possible that the baby will be early by 1-2 weeks.  Of course, the baby will come whenever it wants and we will be patient and excited no matter what the timing.

I am trying to reduce my hours little bit by bit to buy myself a bit more resting time.  I'm very, very tired these days and any extra sleep would be awesome to get ready for the big day and the expected lack of sleep afterward.  We are needing to hire a therapist if anyone knows any good PTs in Boulder looking for a job!

Lastly, I have to share that I bought a 'jawbone' bracelet.  A patient who works for apple hooked me up.  This is a pedometer of sorts that tracks how many steps I take a day, how many calories that is estimated to be, how much I sleep at night, and how much of that sleep is deep vs. light sleep.  I am very excited to check this out and see if it helps me to walk more to get to 10,000 steps per day.  I will keep you posted on this new, fun, trendy device.


No comments:

Post a Comment