July 5, 2014

Ava's First Steps

This post is a photo update of the major steps that were taken from June 13-June 26.




1.  The girls had out-of-control hair.

2. My dad (aka Pops) arrived to visit on 6/13.  I hadn't seen him since his bike crash in Morocco, which laid him up in hospital for 16 nights.  I was VERY excited to see him and hug him when we picked him up at the Denver airport.  He seemed very well, and quite capable.  So we proceeded to keep him busy.


3. I continue on my quest to knock off sections of the Colorado Trail.  On 6/14, I ran 12.8 miles near Bailey, CO to complete a section.  I also did a few other miles of the trail here and there.





4. We camped near Twin Lakes, CO on 6/20 and 6/21.  On the Friday night, Ava slept well but Rachel did not.  On the Saturday night, Rachel slept well but Ava did not.

5. Jason ran three '14ers': Missouri, Oxford and Belford Mountains successfully, working toward his goal to do 54 of Colorado's highest peaks.  During his run, Pops and I stayed with the girls at camp.

6. Ava took her first independent steps at age 11.5 months.  She also now has5 teeth!

7. I (Meggan) hiked to the top of Mt. Elbert, CO's highest peak with friends while Jason and Pops stayed at camp.



8. We have used our patio furniture and enjoyed the beautiful summer weather!


No comments:

Post a Comment