January 24, 2012

Some extra time

Well Jason and I will see each other on Friday in Kelowna for his Canadian Citizenship Ceremony.  We will fly out of Kelowna and I will return to family in Victoria and he will go back to work teaching in Boulder.  How long will I have to remain in Victoria before I can join him and begin work as well?

On January 4th, we were told that processing should take 2 more weeks.  Today, we were told that they were currently 'backlogged due to a high volume of applications' and were processing applications from Sept 30, 2011. 

What does that mean for our family?  I don't know how long it takes them to move from Sept 30, 2011 until October 19, 2011 - the day I applied.  But it would be safe to assume that I am not going to get my paperwork this week, and could safely plan to be in British Columbia for another couple of weeks...

My poor mailman!  I've been pretty much attacking him in Boulder every day since December 1st assuming that my papers were about to arrive... and now I am certain that it will be days and days before it gets into the mail system. 

So... how can we make this into an opportunity?  I've had the unexpected chance to spend more time with family, catch up with friends, and play field hockey.  I had an absolute blast playing field hockey and, although I am still very sore, was very happy with the atmosphere, the feeling of working hard, and how fantastic it felt to play the sport I love so dearly.  I also got to play with some very amazing people, and remind myself how awesome it is/was to be a UVic Vike.

Should I stay put and enjoy time with family?  Come up with some alternate trip? Get my BC Physical Therapy license and try to do some locums?  Although I'm trying not to spend very much money, and I cannot enter the USA, I have time to enjoy many other options.  Time is a gift...What do you think?

-Meggan

No comments:

Post a Comment